A Taste of Brera: Art & Food Tour with Lunch
This 3-hour walking food tour will lead you to discover what makes Italian cuisine so tasteful and appreciated all over the world.
Our guides will share their passion about the Italian culinary tradition with you while walking through Brera, the artistic heart of the city. Strolling along its narrow streets you will easily understand why Brera is considered the most picturesque district of Milan: countless art galleries and small artisans’ workshops are the soul of the neighborhood together with lively cafés and original food shops. Brera perfectly stands between tradition and modernity, especially thanks to its proximity to the ultra-modern skyline of the contemporary Garibaldi district, symbol of the fast evolution of the city. Between each tasting, the guide will show you all the hidden treasures of Brera, from Piazza San Marco, famous for its flower market, to the well-known Pinacoteca, the art gallery hosting splendid masterpieces of artists like Raffaello and Caravaggio.
What you can expect
First of all, don’t worry! The tour will start with a typical Italian breakfast with an Espresso or a Cappuccino and a creamy “cannoncino” to get in the right mood for the day. After this sweet awakening in a traditional pastry shop, our guide will lead you through the quaint, narrow streets of Brera to taste the most delicious Italian specialties such as pizza or focaccia, a selection of tasty cold cuts and other typical dishes. Along the way, you will also travel back in time through the stories of our guides, who will introduce you to the curious history of the neighborhood while getting close to Corso Como and Eataly, final step of this tour.
At Eataly, a true landmark for Made in Italy food and wine, you will even take a sit and enjoy one of the best pasta dishes and ice cream that you have ever tried, while relaxing yourself in a charming atmosphere.
- Taste an authentic Italian Cappuccino
- Enjoy delicious Italian specialties (cannoncino, pizza, cold cuts, pasta, gelato…)
- Take a seat at Eataly, a real temple of food, and relax
- Discover the hidden secrets of Brera, the artistic heart of the city, with a licensed, English-speaking guide
- Local food boutiques
- Brera district
- Eataly Smeraldo
– Be at the meeting point 15 min prior to departure time to check-in!
– Please wear comfortable shoes. During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
– Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking