Historical tour of Milan and the Last Supper
Our HISTORICAL TOUR is the tour that leads you to the most important and significant historical attractions in Milan, including the word-famous masterpiece “The Last Supper” by Leonardo da Vinci. Indulge yourself in the enormous history of a city that will surprise you with hidden spots and magnificent monuments!
What you can expect
All our english speaking guides have a deep knowledge of the city and will introduce you to the best sites of Milan including famous attractions, such as the well-known “The Last Supper”, the masterpiece by Leonardo da Vinci, next to the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie. Being the world most famous painting of the Renaissance Art that is so delicate, the access is strictly limited to a fixed amount of people for 15 minutes.
After the visit of “The Last Supper” the tour will continue to the Sforza Castle, a fortress in the middle of the city surrounded by a beautiful park. The Castle, dating from the XIV century was built by the most influential family of Milan the Sforza’s and hosts different important exhibitions and museums.
Not far from the Castle our expert guides will take you through the famous Via Dante, to reach the beautiful Piazza dei Mercanti, which was once the most important medieval market area of the city.
You will then proceed to the magnificent Scala Theatre (outside) built in 1776 and located in Piazza della Scala, the temple of classical music for all citizens in Milan.
You will also enter the majestic Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a treasure of XIXth century engineering. It is a real symbol of Italian excellence, more than just an amazing building.
And, last but not least, you will reach the Duomo (outside) the symbol of Milan and the third biggest Cathedral in Europe, visited by more than 5.000.000 tourists yearly.
- Legally licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line Last Supper Tickets
- Audio Headsets (if more than 5 people)
- What to do in Milan: personal tips and suggestions for your stay in the city
- The Last Supper by Leonardo Da Vinci – skip the line
- Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, a UNESCO Word Heritage site (if open)
- Sforza Castle, the medieval fortress of Milan's Lords (outside)
- Piazza dei Mercanti, the medieval heart of the city
- Piazza della Scala and its celebrated Theatre (outside)
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, an amazing treasure of XIXth century engineering
- Duomo, the majestic gothic Cathedral, true symbol of the city (outside)
The order of the sites visited might change due to organizational reasons.
For the Last Supper visit, children up to the age of 1 do not need a reservation if they are carried by a parent and enter without a stroller.
Please wear comfortable shoes. During hot days, it is recommended to wear a hat to protect from the sun.
Due to new security measures, large bags are not allowed inside the Last Supper Museum. If necessary, your guide will escort you to security lockers to leave them during check-in.
No food or drinks are allowed inside the Last Supper Museum.