Milan Food and Icons: Walking and Tasting Tour
This 2-hour guided tour was conceived to include two of the elements that mostly represent Italian culture all over the world: history, art, monuments and of course the art of food, known and appreciated for its variety and for being so incredibly tasty.
Milan is the perfect city to discover both thanks to the magnificent buildings of its city center, that symbolize Italian architectural heritage at its finest, and to the numerous choices that the city offers in terms of quality food tasting: let our guides lead you through this surprising journey among these Milanese icons!
What you can expect
Meet your guide in Piazza della Scala and admire the world-famous Opera theatre while reaching the first highlight: a typical Italian breakfast with an Espresso or a Cappuccino to get in the right mood for the day! Enjoy a sweet awakening, tasting one of the most prestigious Italian coffee brands in the world. After this pleasant start, travel back in time and admire the majestic Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, a treasure of XIX century engineering and a real symbol of Milanese and Italian excellence. Listen to your guide on the way to a bakery right behind Piazza Duomo, where you will taste the most delicious Italian specialties such as pizza or the incredible focaccia di Recco, not to be missed!
You will then pass by Piazza Duomo and get introduced to the history of the Cathedral, the main Milanese icon, while heading towards a fine Italian bistro that offers typical local dishes prepared with organic, farm-to-table products. You will have the opportunity to taste a selection of, tasty cold cuts and enjoy one of the best risottos you have ever tried, drinking a glass of Italian wine and relaxing yourself in a charming atmosphere.
It’s dessert time! Follow your guide outside the bistro and get one of the most famous creamy “cannoncino” in Milan, made following the technique of a nationally acclaimed pastry chef.
Nothing else to do but enjoy!
- Taste an authentic Italian Cappuccino
- Enjoy delicious Italian specialties (focaccia or pizza, cold cuts, …)
- Relax while tasting an authentic risotto accompanied by a glass of wine
- Have a creamy dessert to sweeten up your day
- Discover the secrets of the city center of Milan, with a licensed, English-speaking guide
- Local food boutiques
- Piazza San Fedele
- Galleria Vittorio Emanuele
- Piazza Duomo
– Be at the meeting point 15 min prior to departure time to check-in!
– Please wear comfortable shoes. During hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
– Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking